Monday, May 4, 2015

Thinking of buying or adopting a puppy?

I am dog ranting again...I have a lot of time ...so before you plonk a few hundred bucks on a puppy...I wish the seller would ask you some "don't bluff yourself" questions: 
1. Do you have time...HONESTLY? 
2. Can you stand a dog barking?
3. Do you allow your dog to roam freely in your house?
4. Are you allergic to hair, fur, dander, saliva etc
5. Do you mind picking poop DAILY?
6. Do you have persian rugs that are waterproof? 
6. Do you have the patience to bathe a fidgety puppy when at the end of the bath session, you are wetter than the dog?
7. Do you mind having your headphones chewed to oblivion?
8. Are you willing to spend some hard earned cash for grooming...
9. Dog..like human..they get sick...vets make a good living...nuff said.
10. Which of you willing to go for obedience school?
If you are thinking too hard now...perish the thought...dogs are not for you. If you are already a dog owner...we all need to attend some revision classes to learn how to scoop. Sadly many skip classes.
If your answers are mostly yes...good luck then...cuz most answers may become a no after you bring the dog home.  I love my rascal...I do have my ground rules, mind you I DON'T SPOIL the dog all the time...dogs are smart...they know who to reciprocate the love....and sometimes they just have to bark and jump. 
THESE ARE QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF...NO STUPID SELLER WILL ASK YOU SUCH QUESTIONS...THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS...
I think the deal here is BE FAIR BE KIND. We need to understand their language...the puppy is also learning to adapt and understand our body language our world. Find an equilibrium and all will be happy. Brownie is only 1 year old...give him a break....

No comments:

Post a Comment